In today's production environment, high flexibility is important. In metering and mixing processes, there is a wide variety of components requiring different flow rates, dosing quantities and mixing ratios. Operators need a system that meets all these requirements. The solution is metering and mixing systems utilizing gear pump technology. Compared to conventional piston pumps, they are more flexible and offer more benefits for all production processes, e.g., in potting electronic components or injecting into molds for RIM applications.
The main advantages of gear pumps over piston pumps:
- Continuous flow: Dispensing larger volumes and not limited to the volume of the piston.
- Pulsation-free dispensing: Lower stress on the material and the machine, which reduces errors normally associated with pump reload and are therefore more reliable in the dispensing process.
- Easy adjustment of the mixing ratio: Electronically variable and controlled via a PLC with touchscreen input.
- Accurate flow rate control: Gear pumps enable consistent control at both ends of the flow rate spectrum from very small volumes up to larger flow rates.
- Easy maintenance: Gear pumps utilize rotary shaft seals and are easier and more cost effective to maintain.
LiquidFlow 30M – modular gear pump system with high reliability and quick delivery
METER MIX offers the LiquidFlow 30M metering and mixing system with industry proven high-tech gear pump technology. It is a modular system with various configurable options and customers benefit especially from quick delivery times (typically within 5 weeks depending upon final specification). The machine is primarily used for potting two-component resins.
The LiquidFlow 30M is a versatile machine for low-mid flow applications. It consistently and reliably processes low to medium viscosity materials with strong process stability. Customers further benefit from the high degree of flexibility, easy handling and quiet operation. With the gear pump system, customers have quick access to multiples recipes and programs. The in-built recipe function provides up to 50 pre-set shot sizes, flow rates, and ratios that can be easily stored within the HMI under the particular customer reference name or number.